Three Years Later...

It is fascinating what life can do to us. Sometimes we get tossed on the wind and it seems impossible to come back to full-functionality once our inner workings have been rattled and broken. I have been broken.

My life upheaval lasted years, and now I'm back. This is not a promise, because I cannot commit my time to anything so heavy as updating and keeping a blog. But I did do at least as Bethany asked me, and republished the blog. You see, there was a lot of duplicity in our lives at the beginning of this blogging adventure. And now that I am tired of hiding, and broken from trying to hide, I'm back.

It is so easy to not be who you say you are online. But, the truth is, Pura actually was. And I let a perverse little infatuation with another blogger get into my way and into my head. I ended up in a web of deception and it hurt Pura, and it broke some of the wonderfulness we had. So I made the blog private and went away. Far away.

But she asks so very little of me and I do not feel I can deny her another foray into the blogging world. Before the hiatus, Pura and I had some stuff to work through. She quit the blog long before I did, and quit me before I was able to admit it to myself or the blogging world. And I needed and deserved for her to do this. You see, the thing that makes me and Pura special is not TTWD. What makes us special is that we have a distinct and beautiful history that can never be defiled.

I regret the duplicity that drove Pura from me, And I regret the interactions (started in this blog) that pried happiness from my waiting fingers. I regret it but know regret can never make up for what was done in the name of "internet fun."

This is the only apology the world will receive from me, and if you don't understand it, then it is not for you. The only explanation I owe belongs to Pura. My love. My heart. My beautiful little slave.

And Pura forgives Mistress utterly and completely. But the blog world had better believe I am watching for people trying to bogart my mistress from my hands. Particularly the little _______ who tried to do it before. Yeah. You know who you are. Get off my blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felicia and Amber

Homework Loopholes

When a Tree Falls...