Spanking Kelsie

I thought I might as well share the most recent "comeuppance" in my household. Here's the background: Pura met a girl in a college class last year, and the two of them hit it off right away. Suddenly, it was "My friend Kelsie" in every story Pura told me. The two of them started hanging out semi-regularly. They went out dancing a few times a month. They met almost daily on campus to eat lunch. And soon Kelsie was a regular visitor to my home. 

Now, I don't care if Pura has guests at the house. She does frequently invite people over or host parties here. As long as I know ahead of time, it doesn't matter to me. But I quickly learned that Kelsie was going to be a regular unannounced guest. At first, I was a little annoyed.

Jealous.

No need to put in your two cents, Pura. The readers need a background for this story to make sense and I am the one giving it to them.

Then perhaps Mistress ought to include the facts, and the fact is, you were jealous because Kelsie became my BFF in an instant, and you were insecure and stupid about it.

*SWAT* You will refrain from interrupting me again, Pura. Go sit over there on the couch.

*Pura is going away to sit on the couch now, like an obedient slave.*

As I was saying, I was feeling a little insecure and jealous because Pura was spending inordinate amounts of time with someone new. Additionally, I was nervous because they were getting so close and I did not know what Kelsie would think if she figured out that my relationship with Pura was not strictly... normal. But you know Pura! She can't keep a secret if her life depended on it. Without telling me, she explained our entire life to Kelsie. The girl started to really grow on me after that, because, instead of being freaked out and weird about it, she was fascinated. And supportive.

Readers, please meet Kelsie:

Hello, blog friends. I'm Kelsie: Pura's best friend forever. I'm a safe, judgment-free zone.

Kelsie will now join Pura on the couch. Some details about Kelsie:

1. She is straight. And I mean railroad ties and uncooked spaghetti. She has had a boyfriend since she turned fourteen, and has never been single more than two weeks since then. 
2. She is talented. She's an artist and a musician. She plays several instruments, one of which is a bass guitar which she played for a rock band when she was in high school.
3. Her only experience with spanking (prior to her introduction to me and Pura and TTWD) was that she was spanked as a child, but not often since she was generally well-behaved.
4. Kelsie wears the pants in most of her relationships. 
5. Kelsie now refers to me as "Mistress Nichole" and is almost as quick to do my bidding as Pura herself. And this story is going to explain why...

Pura called me at work. Since I never receive calls at work unless there is an emergency, I took the call when I had a recess between classes and my students were out of the room.

"Mistress," Pura said as soon as I answered the phone. "Are you busy?"

Mildly annoyed, and also relieved that there was no emergency, I responded, "Of course I am busy, Pura. I'm at work."

"I'll get straight to it then. I am wondering if I can go out of town with Kelsie this weekend. She needs to know now if I am going, because if not she's going to take [current boyfriend who shall remain nameless]."

I was not pleased to have been interrupted for this triviality. But I was willing to consider it. "Where is she going?"

"Her grandmother died, so she's driving home to Mesquite for the funeral."

That softened me a little. Some people--not me, but other people--have close relationships with their grandparents. Kelsie needed her best friend. 

"Of course you can go if you want to, Babe. How is Kelsie? Is she okay?"

"She's okay, I think. I haven't seen her today."

That in itself was surprising enough. "When is she leaving?"

"Right away. She said she needs to be on the road by four." Pura's voice sounded apologetic to me, and I even knew why. Pura was always waiting at the door for me at five-fifteen, and she usually served dinner at six. If she had to leave by four, it meant I would not see her and would be fending for myself for the evening.

"That's alright, Babe," I assured her. "You should go with your friend and be with her during this time. When will you be home?"

Pura's voice sounded smaller when she said, "Not until Monday, probably." It was only Thursday. That was a long time to go without my beautiful Pura. But I stifled my selfishness.

"Okay. Text me when you're on the road. And call me every night if you can." At the last second, I hardened my voice slightly, and added, "Be good!" in a threatening tone.

"Yes, Mistress," she replied with exasperation dancing on her tone. We exchanged loving greetings and hung up. I knew I was going to miss her, but I did not think anything else about the situation. I got her text an hour later, and went home to an empty house an hour after that. It certainly never crossed my mind that I might have been  completely deceived.


Pura sent me a text Thursday night to say they were safe and still driving. She texted something about poor service, and so I never questioned why she failed to call me. I texted Pura on lunch Friday, and never got a response. Again, I never suspected anything. I assumed they were at the funeral and could not answer. But when she failed to call me Friday night, I got a little nervous. I sent her a couple of texts asking for updates, and finally a text insisting she call me as soon as she received my message.

Kelsie called me at 2 A.M. Saturday morning.

"Nichole?" she asked, and her voice was strained. "I need to tell you something."

"What?" I demanded, waking up panicked. "Is everything all right? What's going on?"

"Pura's sick," she answered, and I thought my heart stopped for a moment. Before I managed to get it back up and working again, Kelsie went on. "She had a mojito. She's been sick all night and she finally asked me to call you."

I was a little shocked and confused at this point. "She had a mojito?" I demanded, very concerned. "She's allergic to rum!" It would be better labeled as an intolerance to rum than an allergy. Rum made her sick; it did not close her airway.

Kelsie sounded very small when she said, "I did not know that." Her voice seemed almost like she was pleading with me, but I did not yet understand why.

"Is she too sick to talk to me? Put her on the phone."

Kelsie answered, "I will in a minute, but... I need to tell you something first." She drew a long breath, and I nearly erupted from impatience and worry. "We did not go to a funeral. My grandmother died two years ago. It's just that I had this amazing opportunity to play a gig with a group at a grung-club in Vegas, and I was too afraid to go by myself. So I convinced Bethany to come with me. She's really afraid you're going to be angry. But you need to know this is not her fault. This is my fault."

I was stunned. Not angry, because I was too shocked to be angry. "Where are you?" I asked quietly. I was hoping they were safe and on their way home. 

Kelsie's voice was almost soft enough to be considered a whisper. "In the parking lot of the club. The car doors are all locked and stuff, but she's pretty sick and throwing up. And I drank too much to think about driving. I did not want to..."

 I cut her off. "You are sitting in a parking lot in Las Vegas? Are you out of your damned mind? That's dangerous!" I knew they weren't on the Strip, which would have been bad enough. If Kelsie was playing in a grung-club, it was likely in a more dangerous part of town.

Pura was on the phone then, crying, "Mistress, I'm so sorry! I did not know what was in the drink. I didn't..." She was inconsolable and sick. 

"Put Kelsie back on the phone," I ordered her in a voice I knew would immediately get results. As soon as Kelsie was back, I said, "Listen carefully. You are to immediately drive to the Strip. If you can't drive, then call a cab. Do you understand me? Go to Ceasar's Palace or The Paris. Pura should have my emergency credit card with her. You are to use that to get a room for the night. When you get there, ask the concierge for Alkaseltzer, and then dose Pura and put her in the bath. Then I expect both of you to sleep yourselves out and come home. Do you hear me? You come home!"

Kelsie answered with whispered assurances of obedience. When we got off the phone, I was livid. And stressed and worried. Fortunately, Kelsie called me again when they reached the hotel, and then again when Pura was asleep. I am not sure I slept a wink until I knew she was safe and asleep.

I'm out of time to tell this story. I'll come back and tell the rest later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felicia and Amber

Homework Loopholes

When a Tree Falls...