When a Tree Falls...

I tend toward philosophical writing, but I know the readership of this blog is not reading for philosophy. Please indulge me: Mistress is going camping.

While that in itself is not a philosophical topic, there is a philosophy with my being left behind. Poor little Pura, left all alone at home whilst Mistress whisks away into the dark recesses of the mountains to "get away from it all." All all? It's a camping ground, for heaven's sake! It's not as though you can get away from it all when you're sleeping in a camp ground surrounded by other strange campers, and a restroom is ten feet from your tent. Camping seems like an activity made for the rugged outdoorsmen, who carve themselves a place out of the wilderness and hunker down for a week of catching their own meals and growing long, grisly beards.

Mistress is what I like to call...indoorsy. To this girl, camping is when she can't get room service to her hotel. When she has to carry her own bags to her room. Camping is when there is no working elevator! For all of these reasons, I would love to come along. Not because it sounds like my kind of wonderful week, but because it's an adventure like I have never seen before. I could as soon picture Mistress sky-diving. I would kill for a picture. For that reason, I have been laughing my little tush off ever since she announced her intentions. And that, I think, is the reason I am being left behind. Because I can't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of the entire thing. That, and it's a work outing.

Mistress packed her own bags since I was giggling too hard to be of any help.

"Be good," she said to me as she was leaving. But, now for the philosophy of this... Do I have to be good? When Mistress is going to be away for an entire week, with no way to check on me, and no time to spare, do I have to demonstrate proper good behavior?

It's kind of like that old saying: "If a tree falls in the middle of the woods and no one is around to see it, did it really fall?" In that vein--If little Pura is a little naughty while Mistress is out, and Mistress is not around to see it, was it really naughty? Hmm... I should have paid better attention in that Philosophy class.

Comments

  1. As long as you stay on the good side of the law and don't do anything actually dangerous, I say you live it up a little. If you take my advice and use it as an excuse to go nuts, though, don't blame me when your life is a misery when she gets back. Just saying.

    I think I might join you in having fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your loving support, Ana. I think I can afford to be a *little* bit mischevious...

      Delete
  2. I always heard the question as, "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it still make a sound?" Either way, yes. It's her time that you'll be using even if she's not there.

    BTW I'm the same way, I do not camp. I used to as a kid and loved it. Now, not a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... Your answer was not what I was wanting, but I think I can safely say Mistress will be better pleased with your answer than with MY plans. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. hahaha I would say no, but something tells me your conscience might get the better of you and you may end up with a sore bottom when she gets back. For some reason dominants seem to come back with a lil extra spunk that can be not so good for a submissive who has misbehaved. But hey, why not live it up while you can - you at least have a spank free week ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison,
      I appreciate the naughtiness of your suggestion. And I intend to live it up fully, because a spank-free week is all a girl could ask for. Right?

      Delete
  4. Heh. it really depends on your conscience. I take the fifth. I'm not saying anything. In case it comes back to bite me!

    *psst, and welcome back!!*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Felicia and Amber

Homework Loopholes